Ex Hacienda de San Gabriel de Barrera Museum & Gardens
Built at the end of the 17th century, this was the grand hacienda of Captain Gabriel de Barrera, whose family was descended from the first Conde de Rul of the famous La Valenciana mine. Opened as a museum in 1979, the hacienda, with its opulent period European furnishings, provides an insight into the lives of the wealthy of the time. The large, shady grounds, originally devoted to processing ore from La Valenciana, were converted in 1945 to a series of beautiful terraced gardens based on international designs, with pavilions, pools, fountains and footpaths.
Go to Website
Address: Camino Antiguo a Marfil Km 2.5 NW of City Center